How To Make Money With This FREE Information(USA/Canada only)
Powered by MaxBlogPress

May 30 2008

Is Vic Franqui From Bloggerunleashed.com A Scammer?

Note: I was supposed to publish this post early this week but did not have time.

I very like the "Subscribe to the thread" plugin. So while reading the comments, I came to read a new comment left on an "old" post on John Cow: Whats The MMO Niche Coming To?

what is the iq of a monkey, no I'm not kidding, left this comment:

1. He finds people that brag about their money obnoxious, yet bragging is the only thing that he does;
2. He thinks Amazon affiliate program sucks, yet now he wants to try it;
3. He makes people buy 100 info domains, and many persons got them deindexed by Google;
4. He thinks feed count doesn’t matter, yet he is very proud nowadays of his feed count;
5. He bashes persons like Yaro Starak or John Chow, yet when John Chow comments on his blog, all he can say is “kudos to you”;
6. His only answer to anyone who contradicts him is foul language, when he can’t really argument his claims;
7. He makes 20k / month and runs hundreds of sites and doesn’t have time for anything, yet he doesn’t hire help (maybe because he can’t afford it?);
8. He thinks that submitting the same article to hundreds of article directories will actually help your rankings;
9. His only goal is to tell his readers to buy Clickbank products through his affiliate links, even if there are cheaper and better options available;
10. He thinks there’s no money in the “make money online” niche, yet he is very proud he got into top 20 for “make money online”;
11. He doesn’t have time for his blog, yet he is almost always there – maybe because he is not actually making any money with other websites?
12. He first hates Darren Rowse, then he loves him for his feed count. Talk about integrity, huh?

There you have it. I’m sure there are more, but I can’t waste anymore time with this idiot.

The funny thing is that he used the Bloggerunleashed for the website.

I will try to reply to those points the best I can:

Vic let it slip how much he makes but he does not post how much he makes per month. Personally, I don't care either way. It just show that money can be made online by others if the numbers they show are true(income and expense).

2. He thinks Amazon affiliate program sucks, yet now he wants to try it;

You missed a point here. Vic always talked about having different money streams and I do too. Also, Amazon does not pay much(4%) compared to other ways where you can have 40-75% commission on every sale. To make the same amount, you would need to sell a big ticket items(PS3) or sell a lot of Blu-Ray's at $0.25-0.50 commissions.

Google changed the rules recently and make it harder for .info. Having a blog/software directory, you will be amazed on how many spam listings I delete every day that are .info. Having a real site(non spam) will make .info more valuable on the long run because it will be harder to be index. It's bad timing.

But here, the ideal was to buy a $1 .info domain by creating BANS that will make $1/day. If we had gone with a .com, we would had to pay $6-10 each domain. Of course, a .com is better and Vic even mentioned it. But, he wanted for people to start at a lowest cost possible. Me, I'm going with .info and pre-owned domains and I posted some results about it.

Vic always mentioned that Feed count does not matter much on generating money in the Make Money Online blog field. Readers(majority) tend to not buy your stuff but some do. I know because I advertised on A-list bloggers based on the RSS Feed count but never had a good ROI(return on investment). If you have a blog about gardens, it may be more lucrative because it's another field and type of readers.

Yes, he can be proud that people are reading him and it means that is message/teaching is getting heard. Yes, some read him just for the controversy. I read him to learn things and I do.

Vic don't like scammers and out them. He did say that John Chow was good at marketing himself. I never saw the "Kudos to you" comment.

He use foul language when he agree with them too.  That's his style for BloggerUnleashed. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a place where Vic and the other person could meet in a neutral place so that each could argument each others points.

Yes, he could hire people but he has bigger project in mind like buy a house and pay medical bills. Plus, he often said he was "cheap" and don't like recurring fees. He want to make sure the job is done right(his "paranoiac" side).

That's basic SEO: The more links the better. If you can use anchor text, it's even better. Article directories are not about having PR juice but having many anchor links.

Vic mentioned that he don't care if people use his Clickbank links or not. Those are good products that he use daily. Recently, someone suggested another product that was cheaper($100 less) and was good enough that Vic told people to buy that one instead for those with the money. He also offered free alternative that does less. So, Vic is open to new products.

"no money" in comparison to other fields like gardening/weight loss. He also proved a point that link building is important to rise in the rankings. He will/could be first if he wanted with his 6-7 months old blog. Here Vic, another anchor for you: make money online ;)

He mentioned that he use the blog to relax, take a break. I go watch free movies and Vic teach others using his blog. There was a period that he posted many times per day. Now, he have many domains(BANS) to take care before May 31 plus organizing the contest. He is doing the contest for free to help others.

Vic don't agree with Darren about still promoting TLA. Darren added a note about TLA. They patch things up since Vic made a video that was posted on Problogger and on Bloggerunleashed.

That's my reply(wrong or right(mostly)). I went from memory because Vic has many, many, many videos now on his blog. The point is that what is the iq of a monkey(funny) only showed part of the picture and misconceptions about Vic blog/message/teaching or what ever you want to call it.

Related Posts

TAGS:
20,588 views

19 Comments on this post

Trackbacks

1. bloggingzoom.com wrote:

Is Vic Franqui From Bloggerunleashed.com A Scammer?…

Reading a old post last weekend on John Cow, someone left a comment: “So here is proof that franqui from blogger unleashed is a scammer and doesn’t know what he’s talking about:” The person left 12 points. I took each and every point and replied …

May 30th, 2008 at 10:33 am
  2. Is Vic Franqui From Bloggerunleashed.com A Scammer? Part 2 wrote:

[…] to the comment left by “what is the iq of a monkey” aka Blah blah(on my blog) from part 1 but it was going to be longer than I expected. So, I decided make another […]

June 1st, 2008 at 6:05 pm
  3. How Long Can You Go Without a New Post? wrote:

[…] of Vic, I see the man keeps stirring the pot and Steve over at McGrath Dot Ca has the latest scoop as well as this anonymous blogger Niche Store Writer. (I’m guessing that […]

January 23rd, 2010 at 1:10 pm
  1. Vic said:

Steve thank you so much for such a well explained look at what I try to do. It is crazy I had not read that post by Bob amazing how a month ago him a Scammer Conn where at each others necks and now they are sucking each others *****

The facts are these scammers tend to portrait things they way they want. I think this is one of the reasons that I look forward to getting out of the MMO crap I look forward to you folks helping people on one on ones.

It is funny how Bob mentions dot info domains when the facts are after that vlog post maybe a month later was when Google changed the way they are treating indexing imagine I am such a scumbag that I actually own over 200 domains some which only you have seen.

But at the end of the day I guess they have to jump on me as I must be costing them money they can not push their crap on people I guess down the line you folks will take the same crap when you call these scammers out.

Bless You!!

Vic

May 30th, 2008 at 11:17 am
  2. Vic said:

LMAO!!!! Actually I just read it again and yes I had read it I guess I have so many hate Vic post that I get them confused LMAO!!!!!!

May 30th, 2008 at 11:19 am
  3. Steve McGrath said:

Glad you like the way I explained things. You may correct me if I’m not correct but I know you are busy.

I knew that you had read the JCow post. :D

Vic, my goal is to help others later the best I can so I will still do MMO without hurting my readers.

And with Bans, it’s easy but you have to be patient with those .info to get them indexed. That’s why I’m working on pre-owned too. ;)

May 30th, 2008 at 11:36 am
  4. Rhonda Holland said:

I like the way you took the “monkey” to task on each individual point.

I zoomed it and gave you 5 stars. Good job!

May 30th, 2008 at 8:49 pm
  5. Steve McGrath said:

Thanks

Some were easy since I know Vic’s background more now. ;)
    I did not know If I should respond but knowing that Vic had a lot of work ahead, I wanted to make it easier for readers to have both sides.

May 30th, 2008 at 9:27 pm
  6. Kinxi Hot Tattoos said:

# 7 – Griz answered this one in one of his posts. Hiring someone doesn’t work – the minute you train them they leave and do it for themselves. Why should they stay and work for you when start up costs are so low? Griz and Vic have to wait for their 4 year olds to grow up and set them to work…could be another year or two I think :)

As for the rest, it should be all about Facts. Unfortunately it has disintegrated to lowly grade 8 schoolyard factions : Are you Pro or Con Vic? Let’s stand on one side and let’s make fun of and bully the other side.

Watch out for that either way – your obstinance can get in the way of seeing things. Have you tried what either method has preached? have you got real measurable results? has that turned to experience? If not, whence comes your authority? Geez – Google has way higher tests for authority then some people do.

Bloggers – test the methods first and then see which ones work for you. If you haven’t tried and tested, do you know what you are complaining about? Or missing out on?

Me thinks not.

So, with that, I’ve got to go back to work. I have some experimenting to do.

May 30th, 2008 at 10:47 pm
  7. Rhys said:

It’s really hard to get accurate info to base opinion on with this blogging game. I thank you for this reasoned attempt to put some factual comment in place.

I personally have difficulty separating Vic’s “up yours’ attitude from the the info he tries to put across, but that’s my problem I guess….

May 30th, 2008 at 10:51 pm
  8. Steve McGrath said:

Kinxi Hot Tattoos: Thanks for the #7. I did not remember that one but I heard it before.

I did not know if the rest of the comment(like the school ward) was for me or just for everyone. I will go like it was for me and others my respond if they want. First, I can say that I’m old enough to make up my own mine. Second, it was #3(BANS) that made me wrote the post in the first place and because Monkey did not gave all the “Facts”. I could have let the other points go but then again, I wanted to give the info the best I could. Plus, it added content to my post :D

But I can tell you that I did try many methods and so far, Vic with his BANS method is one that is working great for me.

I still read other MMO blogs to see other point of views. But now, I’m more able to analyze them. Look, Vic has his ways, Griz has another way and Court yet another way. No one way is wrong or good for them. Me, I have multiple sites and blogs not just BANS. I have some “authority” in some fields but never claimed I had “authority”. Where I don’t, I seek someone who has.

Your point about experimentation is good IF a person can afford to lose some money. But for most, they can’t afford to be wrong so it’s important to have someone else opinion that did try many methods. I prefer to read that someone else try a method first and failed. If the person give me enough information, I can analyze it and see if I can do better or if it’s even for me.

If the comment is long, blame Kinxi Hot Tattoos ;)

Rhys: When you start blogging, yes it’s hard to find opinions because you don’t know the “players”. I was in the same boat last year. That’s why I suggest to read many MMO blogs first but not act too fast on those methods. That was my mistake and lost money and time. If you find a method, search for someone else results(good or bad) before acting on it. But in the end, you must go from reader to “acter”.

Vic “up yours’ attitude is called a name but I don’t remember what(sales pitch term?). Yes, it’s very different from most MMO bloggers. :D Even when I comment on is blog, I still watch my language. I’m sure you are not alone with that “problem” but the information has been golden for many of his readers.

May 31st, 2008 at 3:38 pm
  9. theaffiliatepost said:

I wrote a post a while back entitled ‘victor franqui. we salute you’ but I could not have summed it up as well as you did here. Really great post and people. I guarantee that if you follow blogger unleashed you will make money. Vic has a loud mouth but he is good at what he does and he also tells it like it is!!!

June 1st, 2008 at 12:17 pm
  10. Steve McGrath said:

There, I added the link to your post.
    Victor Franqui We Salute You

Yes, a comment can bring in some traffic.

June 1st, 2008 at 12:59 pm
  11. Blah blah said:

It is me who made the comment that you are discussing now. You haven’t heard about me but I earn a living online. Now, let’s talk a little bit about what I said.
    First of all, I was a reader of Blogger Unleashed, but not anymore. I made a few friends there, with whom I still keep in touch, and that’s the only thing why I am grateful to BU. The funny thing is that all of the friends that I made there don’t visit BU anymore – a coincidence? I think not.
    Before I go explaining some of the points I made, maybe you should hear point #13: Signing up for Pepperjam Network under Vic’s link in order to make him some money just to be called a cocksucker for about 100 times in a 4 minute video later on. I guess that was a thank you gesture. Anyway…
    Having reasonable conversations with Vic on his blog is impossible. If you dare contradict him and make a valid point, he’s gonna delete your comments and “Askimet your ass”, if I may quote the grand master. That says a lot about his character.
    I am not going to go through the details of my 12 points again. It is a matter of perspective, and of how much you are willing to believe his bullshit. Yes, I was a reader of BU and I must admit you get brainwashed pretty easily over there, but people who really know what they are doing online pretty soon realize the bullshit (like I did). I can tell you now that I know more SEO than Vic ever will, and I worked in important Internet Marketing companies, which made millions. So I know what I am talking about.
    I am not a scammer and I am not trying to promote anything. I am just making my point and iterating my opinion about someone – as Vic so abundantly does so himself.
    For BU followers, one thing: when you are able to take down the veil in front of your eyes, you are going to realize that his blog serves only one purpose: to make as many affiliate sales as possible by calling other people in the niche scammers. You will find much better info in other places, like Griz and Court, whose sites are very good indeed.
    After all, we all know SEO Elite is crap and has a limited capacity. But it has a fat commission. As for BANS, you can get a free WordPress plugin that will list eBay auctions on your website, while having the versatility of WordPress at your disposal. Submitting the same article to hundreds of directories? Haha. If you are lucky, you will get 5 links counted because Google will filter out the duplicate pages. Those who actually did it, know what I am talking about. I will not try to argue with people who are Vic fans, because it’s useless. But I personally can smell crap from a mile away.

Have a good day.

June 1st, 2008 at 3:24 pm
  12. Steve McGrath said:

Hi Blah blah,

I will go with the supposition that your are Monkey and here Blah blah.

So, I wrote a second post instead. It was getting way long:
    Is Vic Franqui From Bloggerunleashed.com A Scammer? Part 2

I hope you will answer my questions that your comment raised.

June 1st, 2008 at 6:09 pm
  13. Kinxi Hot Tattoos said:

Steve – yeah the rest was just in general – sorry, i see how what I wrote is confusing. My bad. It was me philosophising about the debate – and how it’s now just “bullying” tactics vs facts. Or rather, how some henchmen (as I look at it) have picked their fighter, and are just slamming the other with “your mother wears army boots” insults. Or just some plain wrong facts – as in the post you mention above. Plain wrong is pretty sad too. So no, I was not intending the you to be “you.” Hmm- wonder if we could edit that post to make that more clear – exchange the “you” to “one” maybe.

Still for the most part I am saddened when I read these posts or arguments – they really don’t say anything, or give good reasons that would sway me. Sad kind of like a teacher having to fail half her class when she reads the papers. Or sad like when you read Youtube comments. You want to get depressed about the world? Go read a few comments there, and you get insta-existential angst.

But re: experimentation – you still have to experiment to know what works for you. Griz’s ideas about writing posts is sometimes diametrically opposed to Vic’s – he says write good well written articles – and make sure they are long long long on white background. Very different from Vic’s. I haven’t had the time to experiment to see which of these methods works best for me. You either spend money, or time. And time is money. So something’s gotta give. And even if we follow Vic’s Griz’s or Court’s techniques, we know that we will have to keep changing and updating – because the rules change all the time.

I am forever amazed at how the more I do, the more I realize I do not know much at all. And boy, I could use some patience about now.

But as for people slamming someone or their techniques – come on – give me real facts. And fact-check them like a journalist, or show me some evidence like a scientist. I was very intrigued by Vic at the beginning for slamming the A-listers. It was because of the brewhaha that I found his site – but it went beyond just stopping and looking at it all the fuss a la a “traffic accident.” Vic went into huge detail why he had his opinions, then months worth of articles explaining his techniques and the reasoning behind them. He explained what he meant by hypocrisy and scamming. Then I read what Court said, and then Griz, and then on and on…and hell, it made sense.

Everyone has their own criteria for choosing or making decisions. Sometimes facts or evidence don’t seem to play a big part.

Thank McGrath. Bring on more facts.

June 2nd, 2008 at 2:19 pm
  14. Steve McGrath said:

Thanks Kinxi Hot Tattoos for the content heeuu… reply ;)

I agree with you that facts are important and even better when you can have more sites to be able to test it. Zac Johnson has big sites with a lot of traffic so he can test new affiliates better than me or you. After that, we reported his result on his blog. He could afford it unlike most of us.

I remember when Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD war was going. I had chosen Blu-Ray because of many “facts” that I found from many sites and formed my opinion based on that. I was not popular in some place(pro HD-DVD) and I even defended HD-DVD because some facts from Blu-Ray supporter were wrong and vice and versa. Mine is better than yours will always be here.

I guest you are reading part 2 now ;)

June 2nd, 2008 at 2:40 pm
  15. JohnDerb said:

Bloggerunleashed is trying to piggyback off true entrepreneurs like John Chow. He merely bashes the successful online marketers because he has no skills himself and tries to lure audiences away pathetic tactics like slandering the likes of John Chow or Shoemoney.

If you believe this guys drabble, I feel sorry for you. You’ve fallen hook, line and sinker!

November 27th, 2009 at 9:22 pm
  16. WordPress Expert said:

I constantly spent my half an hour to read this
    blog’s articles every day along with a cup of coffee.
    WordPress Expert recently posted..WordPress ExpertMy Profile