I think the ideal by ReviewME is a good one and I'm not opposed against it like many bloggers. Some bloggers (Dosh Dosh, ProBlogger, Blogoscoped, John Chow) do raised a few good points but it should not be dismissed off hand too quickly. Here is how advertorial could work for all parties(Advertiser, Blogger and Readers)
- It should be made clear to the readers. A new tag(advertorial post) should be created for that. This may help those using RSS/email to filter them out.
- The advertiser should write it for the blog and not be a simple cut and paste that they reuse for other blogs. They could match it better with the style of the blogger.
- Readers should look at it like a new way to know about a product/service. It's not a new concept because newspapers and magazines use it now.
- Bloggers should not have more than 1 or 2 per week.
- Comments must be allowed and let advertiser/blogger to respond to any questions. Comments should be focus to the product/service.
- Bloggers could add their opinions if they want in the post(mini-review) or in the comments. They have the option to accept or not offer in the first case. The fact it was posted means that the blogger like the product/service.
Keywords: Blogging, Business, Money, Review, ReviewMe