In recent weeks, Blu-Ray has more and more sites/people taking their side. I'm on the sidelines because I don't own either one so, no investment to protect. Also, I'm just waiting on a few titles, mostly from Blu-Ray, and a price drop before buying a player. Why I think Blu-Ray will win Those are just a few things:
- Because content is king and take a look here. It's a good research and many people buy top movies. Like I mentioned on a previous post, check you DVD collection.
- Blockbuster decided to offer Blu-Ray to more places. HD-DVD will remain available to the test locations and online. It's a big name recognition for many people.
- Better content protection with BD+. The studios will like this better than the semi-crack HD-DVD protection(cat and mouuse). If BD+ can resist the first few waves of crack attempts, the HD-DVD studios will follow and support it too. I may not like DRM but it's a there.
- The PS3 has a Blu-Ray and it's sold at a lost but can make it up with the sale of games. Toshiba also sell it's player at lost but will not attract other known manufacturers with that strategy. How can manufacturers regain their money? Again, big name recognition is important. These are not $30 DVD players and brand name will count.
- Price may be a little higher for now for Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD but it's only a matter of time. Like anything else, the price will drop.
Keywords: Entertainment, High definition, Movie, Technology